3.23.2012

Lake House Dreams in Palm Springs

I ran across an interesting blog via Pinterest of course. It's named Hollywood forever, Kevin. Boy bloggers are something of a unicorn sighting, and coupled with the Hollywood, California mystique, I knew I had probably found a winner. I happen to like the look of the three S's - Stucco, Spanish Revival and Southern California cool. It's that certain je ne sais quoi that is easy to recognize but hard to describe. He recently posted pictures of a resort property he designed in Palm Springs named Villa Dell Valle that is serving as an inspirational starting point for me on a Lake House I'll be designing, if things go well in the near future. It's the same design style that I'm looking for, just a little bit inland! 


English sofa, club chairs, symmetrical and cozy around the fireplace. 

 Big roomy seating, for at least 6 people to spread out. 
The wicker club chairs are the bomb and the leather wing back with ottoman! 
Heavenly.

 Love the bench and matching art work. 

 Lush and beautiful gardens, and the chaise? Please pass the Sangria.

 Easy indoor/outdoor living and dining.








Honey, I'm home!

Postscript:

This last picture is from Kevin's garden area at his home and I just love the hanging pots around the old rugged cross.

~~~~~  

This post doesn't even scratch the surface of Kevin's artistic personality and design style. I will be dropping by his site frequently to see what treasures he unearths in the great Hollywood basin, such as a

Steampunk Doll

 or a Bad Ass Birdhouse

Thanks, Kevin! You've been a delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment